Monday, May 21, 2012

Eagerly Anticipated Releases

Some of the upcoming books that have made their way onto my wishlist; for ones mostly from the first half of the year, see here.

No Safety in Numbers by Dayna Lorentz
Dial, May 29

"Life as We Knew It meets Lord of the Flies in a mall that looks just like yours" - I absolutely love books that are compared to the amazing social analysis of Lord of the Flies.

The Investigation by Philippe Claudel
Knopf/Doubleday, July 10

"A wild, Kafka-esque romp through a dystopian landscape, probing the darkly comic nature of the human condition," by a French author. What more could you want?

Becoming Clementine by Jennifer Niven
Velva Jean #3
Plume, September 25

I enjoyed the second Velva Jean book, though I'm a bit disappointed that the next one will take her completely out of North Carolina.

The Turning by Francine Prose
HarperTeen, September 25

Adele Griffin's retelling of The Turn of the Screw was so unexpectedly amazing last year that I hope this retelling will also be awesome.

The FitzOsbornes at War by Michelle Cooper
Montmaray Journals #3
Random House, October 9 (US release)

I loved the first two books in the series and can't wait for the next!

Two and Twenty Dark Tales: Dark Retellings of Mother Goose Rhymes (anthology)
Month9Books, October 16

Fairytale and mythology retellings are quite popular, but I've never heard of someone retelling Mother Goose.

Rebel Heart by Moira Young
Dust Lands #2
Margaret K. McElderry, October 30

Another series I absolutely love!

Ashes of Twilight by Kassy Taylor
St. Martin's Griffin, November 13

I'm not a huge fan of steampunk; I just really like this cover.







All of this is to say that if you happen to have a spare copy of one of these, I'd be happy to steal trade/buy/do something for it.

What upcoming releases are you looking forward to?

2 comments:

  1. I haven't seen any of these books yet but I wouldn't mind checking out a copy of the Dark Retellings of Mother Goose.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh...nice list. Most are new to me on here, except the Dust Lands one (simply because someone was asking about it the other day). Most curious to find out more about THE TURNING. Off to investigate....happy reading!

    ReplyDelete