Monday, March 21, 2011

New Books and Happenings

Five books arrived in the mail this week! The snail mail finally decided to have packages show up; some of these had been expected for a month. Pride and Prejudice and Zombies: Dreadfully Ever After was supposed to arrive in time for me to review it on March 22, but, unfortunately, I have not seen the book yet, so this review will have to be postponed. Scribbling Women was a late arrival and I ended up with two copies, one of which will be given away during a blog hop in late April.

I've thought of an idea for a month-long event: old dystopias. There are a ton of mostly YA dystopias coming out this year - what about a month devoted to those published before, say, 1950? Any thoughts? I was thinking reviews, giveaways (probably of used books, as that's all I can afford, but I could see if some publishers would be willing to donate...). No interviews, though, as most authors died decades ago.

This week will probably be a slow one for reviews. I'm almost done with An Atlas of Impossible Longing, but my review of that won't be posted until the book's release on April 5. Other than that, I'm preparing for the Scribbling Women blog hop and starting Here on Earth.

Arrived this week for review:
Here on Earth: A Natural History of the Planet by Tim Flannery (publisher: Grove/Atlantic)
Scribbling Women by Marthe Jocelyn (review/interview to be posted on 3/28!)

Won:
The American Heiress by Daisy Goodwin (publisher: St. Martin's Press)
Drought by Pam Bachorz, thanks to Queen of Happy Endings

Purchased:
A Brief History of Montmaray by Michelle Cooper (Random Buzzers)




No comments:

Post a Comment