Saturday, November 17, 2012

Recent Acquisitions

Sorry for the sparse posts - I haven't had much time to read for fun the last week, what with tests and papers coming up before Thanksgiving break. Post-Thanksgiving shouldn't be much better, as the break is quickly followed by "dead week" and exams. After that, however....

Needless to say, I can't wait for Thanksgiving break! Hopefully I won't have homework I have to take with me when I fly home to visit my family. Also, I have a lot of books waiting for me back at the house.

For review:
The Elephant Keepers' Children by Peter Hoeg (GoodReads First Look)
Shades of Earth (Across the Universe #3) by Beth Revis (First Look)
I'm so excited!!! I love the Across the Universe series, and this is the first time I've managed to score an ARC...
The Geomancer's Compass by Melissa Hardy (LibraryThing Early Reviewers)
The Breeders by Matthew J. Beier (author)

From Random Buzzers:
The FitzOsbornes at War (Montmaray Journals #3) by Michelle Cooper
I'm also thrilled about this one! Cooper's Montmaray Journals is currently my favorite historical fiction series.


Free from World Literature Today:
Down the Rabbit Hole by Juan Pablo Villalobos
The WLT Book Club selection for this month.
The Eyes of Venice by Alessandro Barbero
Another Europa Edition, because I loved the translation of Alfa Romeo 1300 and Other Miracles.
Almost Never by Daniel Sada
Island: How Islands Transform the World by J. Edward Chamberlin
Phaedra by Marina Tsvetaeva
The Obscene Madame D by Hilda Hilst
City of Bohane by Kevin Barry


2 comments:

  1. Wow, that's amazing that you got an ARC of Shades of Earth. I loved the first two books in the trilogy and cannot wait for Shades of Earth!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I'm so excited about it!!! I usually don't do well with snagging ARCs on GoodReads from the super-popular YA publishers like HarperTeen and Penguin.

      Delete