Saturday, December 31, 2011

In My Mailbox #17: Christmas and New Year's Edition

Won:
The Printmaker's Daughter by Katherine Govier (thanks, Dream!)

All of these came thanks to My Bookish Ways:
Yarn by Jon Armstrong
Zendegi by Greg Egan
The Cloud Roads by Martha Wells
The Winds of Khalakovo by Bradley P. Beaulieu

Purchased from various local book and antique stores:
Rork! by Avram Davidson
The Gardener by S.A. Bodeen
Z for Zachariah by Robert C. O'Brien
Celia Garth by Gwen Bristow

From Random Buzzers:
The Floating Islands by Rachel Neumeier

And....holiday related!
The Female American by Unca Eliza Winkfield
Penguin Island by Anatole France
The Clock of the Centuries by Albert Robida
Brides of Eden by Linda Crew
Excavating Occaneechi Town by R.P. Stephen Davis, Jr. et al (CD-ROM)
Graceling (Seven Kingdoms #1) by Kristin Cashore
The Lioness and Her Knight (Squire's Tales #7) by Gerald Morris
I just love the cover for this one! (In an "lol" way.) It's Victorian-illustrated faces on photographed bodies with a rather surprised-looking lion standing by - Photoshop, anyone?

I also got an awesome trombone ninja shirt. (Guess which instrument I play.)

How was your holiday?

2 comments:

  1. Ooooh! Looks like you got a lot of good books this week! Just look at all those titles!! I hope that you enjoy reading them all!

    Happy Reading.

    Here's what I got In My Mailbox this week!

    Faye

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - looks like you had a great book week and I adore the Trombone Ninja shirt. That is something I would have loved if I had played an instrument. I am always on the lookout for cute and funky t-shirts. Enjoy your books.

    Here is my IMM.

    ReplyDelete