Thursday, September 29, 2011

Books I'm Looking Forward To

Belle's Song by K.M. Grant (Quercus, Feb. 3, 2011)


Historical fiction + Chaucer mix

The Chaos by Nalo Hopkinson (Margaret K. McElderry, Apr. 17, 2011)

I'm mostly interested in the blend of fantasy and Caribbean folklore that's advertised.

The Nightmare Garden by Caitlin Kittredge (Delacorte, Feb. 14, 2011)

I very much enjoyed The Iron Thorn and can't wait to see what its sequel has in store!

Shadows Cast by Stars by Catherine Knutsson (Atheneum, 2012)

This appears to be one of the few sci-fi books I know of that have a Native American element to them.

The Mark of the Golden Dragon by L.A. Meyer (Harcourt, Oct. 3, 2011)

I have yet to read the last three (or four?) Bloody Jack books, but I still want this one. They are AMAZING and my county's library system is dumb for only having the first few.
Cinder by Marissa Meyer (Feiwel and Friends, Jan. 3, 2011)


Of course, a sci-fi retelling of a fairy tale is going to catch my interest.

Inheritance by Christopher Paolini (Random House, Nov. 8, 2011)

I've read the other three books, though the only thing I really remember about them is that I enjoyed reading them.

Mastiff by Tamora Pierce (Random House, Oct. 25, 2011)

I love Pierce's series, though sometimes they can be hard to keep up with. I have read the first two Beka Cooper books, though.
A Million Suns by Beth Revis (Razorbill, Jan. 10, 2011)

I absolutely adored Revis' first novel, Across the Universe, so of course I can't wait to read the sequel! I sent in an ARC request form to the publisher, but no luck so far. :(

The Forgetting Curve by Angie Smibert (Marshall Cavendish, Apr. 2011)

Another dystopian sequel that I'm super-looking forward to!






And, of course, there's all of these dystopian sequels; for most of these, I own the first book but haven't read it yet: 

Outpost by Ann Aguirre (Feiwel and Friends, Sep. 2012)  
Crossed by Ally Condie (Dutton Juvenile, Nov. 1, 2011) 
The Death Cure by James Dashner (Delacorte, Oct. 11, 2011)  
Fever by Lauren DeStefano (Simon & Schuster, Feb. 21, 2011)
Pandemonium by Lauren Oliver (HarperTeen, Mar. 6, 2011)
Insurgent by Veronica Roth (HarperCollins, May 28, 2011)

If anyone has an ARC of any of these books, I might be open to an ARC swap...or I'll pay shipping...or something. I'm not to the selling-my-soul part yet, though.

What books are you looking forward to?

No comments:

Post a Comment