Monday, June 13, 2011

This Week's Book Haul(s) - Which Do You Want Reviewed?

I had a great week's vacation up in the North Carolina mountains - and came home with three times the number of books I came up with, thanks to a Books-a-Million sale and a used bookstore, and then arrived home to find even more books that had arrived in the mail while I was gone! (*evil laugh*) Anyway, since State of Wonder is the only one for review, are there others of which anyone would like reviews? Really, your suggestions are appreciated.

For review:
State of Wonder by Ann Patchett (from Harper)

Won:
Song of the Silk Road by Mingwei Yip (thank you, Amused by Books)
The Iron Thorn by Caitlin Kittredge (from Random House Kids' Twitter)
This is my second copy of Kittredge's novel and is hardback and signed (the other is an ARC and slightly stained); I'm planning on offering the ARC to a friend, but if she doesn't want it, there'll be a giveaway.
And a ton of thank you's to Wrighty's Reads for this box of awesomeness:
Matched by Ally Condie
Wither by Lauren DeStefano
Hell Hollow by Ronald Kelly
You Are So Undead to Me by Stacey Jay
Infinite Days by Rebecca Maizel
Radiance by Alyson Noel
Undiscovered Gyrl by Allison Burnett
Passing Strange by Daniel Waters



But wait, there's more!
From BAM (total $13, because I have to be thrifty to survive on a teenager's allowance):
Lucia: A Venetian Life in the Age of Napoleon by Andrea di Robilant
The Romanov Bride by Robert Alexander
The Riddle of the Sands by Erskine Childers
The Bride's Farewell by Meg Rosoff
Peter Pan and Other Plays by J.M. Barrie
Paradise City by J.B. Stephens
Spaceman Blues by Brian Francis Slattery



From the book exchange in Waynesville (not sure what it's called, but these cost me $18 total):
Golden by Cameron Dokey
Laughing Boy by Oliver La Farge
The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood
The Mabinogion
Parzival by Wolfram von Eschenbach
Lady Susan, The Watsons, Sanditon by Jane Austen
The Message in the Hollow Oak by Carolyn Keene (I was a huge fan of Nancy Drew when I was younger and still pick up mysteries for my collection whenever they're cheap enough.)


Oh dear, now I have to find space for all of these...

1 comment:

  1. The Bride's Farewell was so good! I read it a few months ago, and loved it :o)
    Great book haul, btw! :o)

    ReplyDelete