Monday, May 26, 2014

Goodbye Blogging

I believe it's time for this blog to come to a close. I've gradually receded from the bookish part of the Internet since I started university two years ago, and I can already tell that blogging would be more of a chore than a delight this summer. I can't even remember the last time I read through my Bloglovin' feed, much less the last time I enjoyed keeping up with what everyone else was posting. Hopefully I'll still keep up with my favorite blogs as well as occasionally post reviews on GoodReads and LibraryThing, but as for blogging itself, I'm done.

A few final notes:
*I still have a large backlog of books to review from the past six months or so. Most of these are for specific websites, like LibraryThing, so I'll continue posting there to a limited extent.
*I will continue to maintain the "Local Interest Historical Fiction" page for North Carolina, as I've found it's a useful resource both for myself and for others interested in the region.

I'm looking forward to getting back to reading purely for the sake of enjoyment (and studying...can't avoid that very well), without having to think about writing a review afterwards or keeping up with a stack of publisher-provided ARCs. Blogging was great for the past few years, but I need to focus on other things now and cannot give this little blog enough attention.

4 comments:

  1. I think as soon as blogging becomes a chore it's time to let go.
    I feel like this sometimes as well.
    You can always return or start a new blog should you feel like it.
    All the best
    Caroline

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry to hear that blogging has become a chore for you, Susanna, but I wish you the best in all your reading & non-reading endeavors. Thanks again for participating in the first Spanish Lit Month a couple of years ago--it was nice to have your company for the event. All best!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Best of luck in your new endeavours!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really nice and informative blog, keep it up buddy…

    ReplyDelete