Saturday, March 22, 2014

Recent Acquisitions: Spring Break Edition

This semester is terrible in terms of work load (hence why my posts are so spread out and almost all about books for class), but I'm getting through it. :)

For review:
Dark Eden by Chris Beckett (publisher)
The Registry #2: The Collection by Shannon Stoker (Early Reviewers)
Always Emily by Michaela MacColl (Early Reviewers)
Navidad & Matanza by Carlos Labbe (First Look)
Exodus by Deborah Feldman (First Look) - sequel to Unorthodox

Won:
Brodeck's Report by Philippe Claudel (thanks, Claire at Word by Word!)

Purchased for class:
Heaven's Harlots: My Fifteen Years as a Sacred Prostitute in the Children of God Cult by Miriam Williams
Read for a review essay on COG/the Family - see my review here.

Purchased on a spring break excursion to the used bookstores of Van Buren, AR:
Orlando by Virginia Woolf
The Wanting Seed by Anthony Burgess
Fiskadoro by Denis Johnson
Ruth Hall and Other Writings by Fanny Fern
Heart of a Dog by Mikhail Bulgakov
Apparently I bought a copy of this at a book sale last semester. I concede that I now have too many books, if I can't even remember what's sitting on my shelf in the dorm room.
My Bonny Light Horseman (Bloody Jack #6) by L.A. Meyer
The Romance of Tristan by Beroul
Canopus in Argos: Archives by Doris Lessing
Quicksand and Passing by Nella Larsen
The Road to Wellville by T.C. Boyle


No comments:

Post a Comment