Sunday, December 1, 2013

Recent Acquisitions XIII

I think it's been at least a month since I did one of these posts. I have all of two weeks left in this semester, and then, hopefully, a month of reading!

For review:
Katie Gale: A Coast Salish Woman's Life on Oyster Bay by Llyn de Danaan (Early Reviewers)
The Ballad of Barnabas Pierkiel by Magdalena Zyzak (Early Reviewers)
The Spirit Keeper by K.B. Laugheed (TLC Book Tours)
See my review and giveaway of this here!

Won:
The Wilful Eye (thanks, vvb32 Reads!)

From Random Buzzers:
Yellowcake by Margo Lanagan
Gated by Amy Christine Parker
Far, Far Away by Tom McNeal
Sky Jumpers by Peggy Eddleman


Purchased at a campus book sale:
Changing Planes by Ursula K. Le Guin
The Left Hand of Darkness by Ursula K. Le Guin
Bloodroot by Amy Greene

From WLT Book Club:
The Song Seekers by Saswati Sengupta
Legend of the Walled-Up Wife by Ileana Malancioiu
Brownsville: Stories by Oscar Casares
One Good Story, That One: Stories by Thomas King
A Short History of Indians in Canada: Stories by Thomas King
Missionary Conquest: The Gospel and Native American Cultural Genocide by George E. Tinker
Madness of Waiting by Muhammad Hadi Ruswa
Fairy Tales Transformed? Twenty-First Century Adaptations and the Politics of Wonder (Series in Fairy-Tale Studies) by Cristina Bacchilega
Revisioning Red Riding Hood Around the World: An Anthology of International Retellings (Series in Fairy-Tale Studies) ed. by Sandra L. Beckett
I can't wait to have time to start reading this - definitely one of the best books I've picked up from WLT, given that it's been on my wishlist of international speculative fiction!


2 comments:

  1. You did well this month. Nothing for me last week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, sadface! Weeks without books are the worst. It was a bit depressing the last couple of weeks until this past one when I would call my parents and nothing new had come to the house for a while.

      Delete