Monday, August 5, 2013

Current Reads

Except for a brief period during the Once Upon a Read-a-thon, I have been in an epic reading slump this summer. Here's updates on the books I am currently agonizingly inching through:

Wool by Hugh Howey
I'm reading the omnibus of this, and the page count is rather intimidating. I made it through the first (short) book/section just fine, but I can't seem to get motivated to continue even though I'm liking the story.

Drown by Junot Diaz
I've read the first story, which was, you know, a short story. I just haven't had the time yet to continue.

The Female Quixote by Charlotte Lennox
The first 100 pages or so were great, hilarious and, as the title would indicate, very much like Don Quixote. The next pages, though, were not so much fun. It seems like a lot of rehashing the same themes, and the same novels are always referenced and are not ones with which modern readers might be familiar.

Punch and Judy in 19th Century America by Ryan Howard
I've read the first couple of chapters. I think they contain good information, but it's dry and sometimes rambles. I don't think I've retained much info so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment