Friday, September 2, 2011

In My Mailbox #9: or, first vlog and epic box of books edition

You know what makes me really happy? When boxes of books the USPS site said are in Niagara Falls show up at my house in North Carolina. My books from BookCloseOuts.ca arrived yesterday, and I was about to start skipping when I came back from a tough band practice to find the box!

You know what I don't like? Macbooks. My school just switched from Lenovo tablets to Macbooks, and it's messing up all of our Microsoft-run brains. Plus some sites (Book Depository!) are blocked even at home, and this morning I found that, though I don't go to school on Fridays, they can still block Facebook and Twitter during school hours. But...Macbooks have built-in cameras, so now I can make VLOGS!

There will probably not be a vlog with my IMM post every week, but this week's special and I can put all of my rambling about what books I received in the vlog instead of in little type underneath titles! Yay for better organization!

Don't quote me on any of the random things I said about books/dystopias/publishers.
The sequel to The Diary of Pelly D is Cherry Heaven, not Blossom.

If you don't want to watch the video, here's what came in my mailbox this week:

Won:
Divergent by Veronica Roth (thanks, She Known as Jess!)
Pretties by Scott Westerfeld (thanks, Bibliophile Anonymous!)
Juliet by Anne Fortier (thanks, Random House!)

Now for the epic box of awesomeness from BookCloseOuts.ca:
The Diary of Pelly D by L.J. Adlington
The Blue Star by Tony Earley
The Rose and the Beast by Francesca Lia Block
Psyche in a Dress by Francesca Lia Block
The Big Empty by J.B. Stephens
The White Darkness by Geraldine McCaughrean
The Bears' Famous Invasion of Sicily by Dino Buzzati
The Dream of Perpetual Motion by Dexter Palmer
The Shadow Speaker by Nnedi Okorafor-Mbachu
Children of the Dawnland by Kathleen O'Neal and W. Michael Gear
Daughters of the North by Sarah Hall
Tales from the Town of Widows by James Cañón
The Surrender Tree by Margarita Engle
Exodus by Julie Bertagna
A Paradigm of Earth by Candas Jane Dorsey
Ophelia by Lisa Klein
Fordlandia by Greg Grandin

Short poll: Did you actually watch the vlog? Did you watch it all the way through, or just a little of it? Please answer in comments. :)

4 comments:

  1. Divergent is fantastic, I'm sure you're going to love it! I really enjoyed it, and can't wait for the second book in the series.

    Books of Amber

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol, Holly, I've never realized that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow. I love the mix of books in your IMM. I'm adding some of the magic realism and Dystopian books to my TBR list. I've been meaning to read Exodus by Julie Bertagna for ages.

    ReplyDelete