Sunday, January 9, 2011

Interesting Little Note...

Skimming through the Sunday paper today (actually, it was conveniently open to this page and lying on the coffee table) I noticed that there was an article on Beth Revis, author of Across the Universe, which is coming out Tuesday. I've been after an ARC of this book forever, on both GoodReads and LibraryThing, and I've entered probably every blog giveaway for it...but I haven't gotten a copy. Yet.

Anyway, reading the paper I found out that Revis lives in my county! Which, it being a rural county that is often derided by its teenage population for its backwardness and utter lack of anything fun to do (our "mall" reminds me of a deserted post-apocalyptic world, and people go on dates to Wal-Mart) kind of surprised me. A famous author living in my county? Impossible! (Actually, the co-owner of the local bookstore is an author, but she's not a YA author.)

So, hopefully, on Tuesday I will head off to Fireside Bookstore (http://www.firesidebooksandgifts.com/) from 5-7, where Revis will be discussing her debut novel and signing copies!


2 comments:

  1. That is great! So you'll be getting a copy of this book tonight. I saw another blog giving an ARC away today (see here) but I suppose you won't need to enter now. But I thought I'd mention it to you just in case!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the notice of the giveaway!
    Unfortunately, there's been a lot of snow (for the South) here lately, so the event will probably be postponed a few days.

    ReplyDelete